D&H Group LLP is searching for a service-oriented and highly dynamic Senior Accountant (US Tax) to join our firm.
D&H Group LLP is a Vancouver-based firm of Chartered Professional Accountants who has, since our partnership was formed over 65 years ago, set a standard of excellence that is recognized across the industry. D&H Group LLP offers our clients, whether private enterprise, First Nations organizations, or not-for-profit enterprises, a unique combination of industry leading insight and expertise in tax and accounting combined with highly thoughtful levels of personal service and attention.
Our Senior Accountant assists partners and managers by providing quality service to meet clients’ goals and understanding their needs efficiently. This role is also a leadership opportunity to support junior staff in developing their professional and technical competencies in the office environment and on client sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact directly with clients and partners on various engagements
- Analyze and review financial information
- Complete working papers and cross-border (Canadian and US) personal and other tax and information returns
- Act as a senior and provide leadership to junior US tax team members
- Correspond on behalf of clients to various notices and letters sent by the taxing jurisdictions (e.g. CRA, IRS, US domestic state jurisdictions, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc research on tax legislation affecting clients
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cross-border (Canadian and US) personal and other tax and information returns preparation
- Canadian CPA designation or have written the CFE is an asset
- US CPA designation is an asset
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in CaseWare, Tax Prep, MS Office, and CCH ProSystems fx Tax
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a talent to develop positive rapport and convey concepts and services to clients
- Be detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills with both numbers and concepts
- Strong understanding of Canadian and US tax legislation
Please apply online here.
Back to Listings